Finnish duo Renaissance Man have anounced this week that they are to finally release their debut album The Renaissance Man Project later this year on Turbo. It’s a fitting home for them with their dark, broody, bleepy house sound.
Having remixed the likes of Brodinski, Delphic, Tiga, Crookers, Crystal Fighters, Azari & III, WhoMadeWho and, their most recent remix for The Touch – Sermon being pretty spectacular, it’s great that they are doing their own thing as well now. Let’s be fair, anyone who can make cowbells sound cool is going to have a pretty interesting and distinctive sound.
As I’ve mentioned before, their Midsummer Mix has been one of my favourites this summer and I honestly can’t wait to see them play at Eastern Electrics
come the end of the month. I can only hope I remember more of this bank holiday’s Southwark shenanigans than I did the last. Staying off the Red Stripe will probably be a good start towards that.
Renaissance Man – 2011 Midsummer Mix
MORE ON RENAISSANCE MAN
1. Locussolus: Gunship (Andrew Weatherall Dub)
2. Rebolledo & Daniel Maloso: Loro Lady
3. The Touch: Sermon (Renaissance Man Remix)
4. DK7: The Difference (Martin Landsky Remix)
5. Renaissance Man: Stalker Humanoid
6. Matias Aguayo: Ligado
7. STL: Something Is Raw
8. Virgo 4: It’s A Crime (Caribou Remix)
9. Matthew Herbert: Kerstin Basler